Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Insurance for Commercial Vehicles in Orwigsburg, Allentown and Across Pennsylvania
An asset of nearly every business is commercial vehicles. Commercial vehicles allow businesses to transport equipment, products and clients and essentially operate as needed for the industry. These vehicles can be expensive to replace or repair, so a commercial auto insurance policy is a must to protect your vehicles, your drivers and everyone else on the road.
Anthony Mercado Agency works with drivers and business owners across industries to compare quotes and coverages. Our dedicated agents will make sure you find a policy fit for your business and your budget.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto insurance is designed to protect vehicles used or owned by a business for work purposes. A full-coverage commercial auto insurance policy may include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the commercial vehicle caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, falling objects, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving collision.
- Collision Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the commercial vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: This covers bodily injury and property damage the driver may cause someone else while operating the insured vehicle.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This insurance covers medical bills the driver and their passengers may face after an accident, no matter who caused it.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This covers damages that occur in an accident involving another driver who is not carrying insurance at the time of the accident.
- Roadside Assistance: This covers trip interruptions, such as running out of gas, flat tires and towing.
Hired and Non-Owned Auto is an optional policy that can be used to cover vehicles used or borrowed but not owned by the business. This may include rented vehicles and employee vehicles.
Inland Marine Insurance can be added to your business insurance policy to cover equipment and other items in transport, as well.
What is a Commercial Vehicle?
Nearly any vehicle can be considered a commercial vehicle if it is used for work purposes. Some vehicles are considered commercial because of their weight or designed purpose, however, such as buses and 18-wheelers.
Even if your company uses normal cars and trucks for work purposes, you will likely still need commercial auto insurance.
Insure Your Commercial Vehicles
Protect your commercial vehicles with a commercial auto insurance policy. Call Anthony Mercado Agency at (610) 530-2001 or fill out an online quote form to get started.
Common Commercial Auto Insurance Questions
Commercial auto insurance works similar to a personal auto insurance policy. This insurance does not only cover the business owner, however. It is instead designed to cover multiple vehicles with multiple drivers, such as the employees charged with operating the vehicles.
Commercial auto insurance protects your business and its assets in case of a vehicle accident. Accidents that occur in work vehicles can fall back heavily on your business due to property damage, injuries and lawsuits. This insurance can help cover expensive bills and lawsuits related to a car accident involving your business’ commercial vehicles.
The cost of commercial auto insurance depends on your location, coverage limits, the size and value of the vehicles, deductibles and other factors. Fill out an online quote form to find out how much you can save on commercial auto insurance.